Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Mental & Emotional Breakdown

This week...well it has been long. Extra long. No wonder I am one day ahead of myself. Yesterday I kept telling everyone that it was Wed. I almost didn't let Harm where a dress to school because I thought it was pe for her. She was the one that looked at me like I had lost it.

My Mentor-of-all-things-Navy-wife ie. Cindy ( you know you are!) has been doing deployments a lot longer than I have. We were talking one day about how at the end of a deployment, you might think it would get easier but it's not true. It gets harder. Emotionally, physically and mentally.

The boys being sick this week has just been a nightmare. By Tues. Ethan was eating normally ( oh wait yeah that was yesterday) but Ivan had picked it up. It is hard enough to see your big kids throw up, let alone a little 16 mo. old. I finally got around to doing my grocery shopping at 9pm! Got home at 10 and talked to my friend/neighbor. Since her husband is deployed to, we often pick things up that are needed. It works. Anyway...I didn't get to bed until midnight. Then what do I hear 2 hours later? Ivan crying and screaming. If you have never heard Ivan scream...well lets just say it's not fun. Eventually he calmed down and went back to sleep until 3. Then there was nothing else I could do but get him out. We came down stairs and snuggled, drifting in and out. The 3 big kids woke up before 6. It was not fun. Of course, here comes Connor and he throws up. Great! I get to do this again. This "bug" has been lasting for about 2 days except for me who has had it the whole time.

I went and restocked on the "brat" diet as we have been going through it so fast. I check my email and I get an email from Ben saying they haven't left yet. Flight was canceled again. Is he ever going to come home? Hmmm we will see.

I don't mean to whine and complain because I hate that. Right now it feels like I am at the end of my rope....

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry you're having a rough time. New Rule:

In the last few weeks you're allowed to whine and complain as much as you want!!

Ok, there you have permission. ha ha I'm here for you sweetie. It's almost over, hang in there!!
And remember, this is a lot like childbirth..........you go through the pain and then you get the blessings! And you'll forget how bad it really was! Love ya!

Beth said...

Hang in there my friend! You have lots of people who love you and are praying for you and your family.