Sunday, June 11, 2006

Grrr...


I just wrote this whole big update and what happens? I lose it. I don't know what happened to it. Don't you hate that? So here I go again...

It has been a week since Ethan first got sick. Today he woke up and threw up again. I hope this ends soon. We have been stuck in the house for a week and we are getting cabin fever!!

Harmony had a sleepover on Friday. She and her friend Jessie stayed up until 11 watching Disney Channel and playing Barbies. I was the one that made them go to bed, they were still going strong. Jessie is moving on Thursday and so this was their last chance for a sleep over. Harm has 4 days left of school. They are all early release and she doesn't have to wear a uniform. So she was pretty happy about that. We had a conflict this week. I bought her this little beauty kit from Target and didn't realize that it had hair streaks in it. I finally let her put some in on Friday. Purely because they wash out. I am making her wash them out today though. Too bad she has like 4 or 5 more packets!

Ethan, obviously, is still not feeling quite well. He has been a trooper this week though. Ecspecially when Ivan threw up on his blanket. Poor kid. He has been busy this morning drawing pictures and dictating letters. He wrote a letter to Heather and free hand drew stars. They look great! Better than any that I have ever made. He is anxious for Ben to come home so that he can go and watch "the red race car movie" aka Cars. I told him he has to wait until his Dad comes home. I did convince him to wait until the day after Ben comes home...not on the very day!

Connor asked me what I was doing and I told him writing on my blog. He then asked me what a blog is. I told him that it was a place for Mommy to write about all the stinky stuff that he does. He just said ok. No trying to convince me that he doesn't do stinky things. Just ok. He told me the other day that he misses his preschool. His teacher made him a scrapbook and he hasn't stopped looking at it. Even though he misses preschool he said he wasn't quite ready for summer to be all done. He still wants to go to swim lessons, play at the beach, go to the spray park and play with his cousin Vale. We have had a huge discussion lately about cousins. He hasn't seen any for so long that he thought Vale was his only one. No more leaving the boys home during family reunions! Either everyone goes or none of us do! It's the hard part about living so far away!

Ivan is feeling somewhat better. Except now he is really worn out. He kind of walks around like a drunken sailor or something. He is really clumsy. He had a rough morning because his brothers woke him up early, he pinched his fingers in the pantry door and then walked right into the edge of the desk. I hope the kid doesn't get a black eye! He is such a busy boy right now. No book shelf is safe. I have put so many jackets back on books and put videos back in their spots. The kitchen garbage cans have had to be relocated...to the laundry room. It was the only safe place because I can close the door. Ah..life with a not quite toddler....

Ben left Mazar last week. I am not sure if I am supposed to say where he is so I won't. But he has left MeS. I know right now he is kind of playing a waiting game. Although I can't remember all the dates he told me I seem to think they will be in the states by the 20th. It will be nice when he gets back to the states so I can call him during the day. I wish he was flying straight home but he's not. It is going to be so nice to have him back. He has been gone for soooo long. I am ready to feel whole again.

As for me...well my life doesn't change that much. It all depends on what the kids are doing!Does that seem right? I guess at this stage yes it does! I feel like I have a ton to do before Ben gets home so these kids better stop throwing up! Life at the Turners...it's crazy. Honestly though I wouldn't change it!


***no babies were hurt in an effort to take that picture***

No comments: