Thursday, June 15, 2006

10 days and counting....

It is almost done. This deployment is coming to an end. I am emotional, excited, anxious and ready. Well kind of ready. I have a lot to do in those 10 days...lose 50 lbs, clean the house, declutter toys, clean the yard, and on and on and on. Ben says that he just wants to be home. He doesn't care if it is clean or dirty he just wants to be home. I believe that. However, maybe it is the perfectionist in me ( that I never knew was there!) or the wife in me...someone needs this whole thing to be perfect. For him to come home and think "yep, this is what I have been missing." Insecurities I guess.

Today was nuts. This was the final day of my neighbors move and so I had her kids for the majority of the day. 7 kids 6 and under and then later 9 kids 7 and under. Makes for a lot of I'm hungries, I'm thirsties, whining, fighting etc. A long day but I know the kids and I are going to miss them. It was sad watching all of the kids say goodbye.

The best part of the day came at the end when the kids sat and watched Tom& Jerry and were cracking up. I sat with my best cuddler, Connor and he told me that he doesn't want to be a builder when he grows up anymore. He wants to be a pirate. But a good pirate. I mean what other kind is there?

I am off to veg. I deserve it. After I don't know how many years of watching it, Law and Order still hasn't lost it's appeal....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a busy mama! Good luck getting ready for your hubby...very exciting!

Cindy said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel, but trust me, he doesn't care what your house looks like or what's going on!!!! Remember that ok. Don't stress too much. Hey, are you going to the ward picnic on Sat?

Beth said...

How exciting! I am sure Ben will be thrilled to just be home with his family!! Love ya!!