Friday, June 02, 2006

food, face painting and fun...







Or is it fun? Maybe it's a matter of opinion. Every year Harmony's school has a "Friday fun day". Basically a small carnival out behind the school. Rides and games and cotton candy and lots of stuff going on. BUT it costs money. There are some free games. Lunch is still served so that kids who don't have tickets/money can still eat. It just seems so unfair to the kids' whose parents can't/won't pay for it. One kid was so happy because his Mom paid for him to get 4 tickets. Until he saw many tickets other kids had. Then he was upset. The other kids who didn't have anything complained about being bored. Plus the weather is sooo hot. The bigger kids are pushing, rough housing and cutting in line. And the parents aren't much better!!! There are not enough volunteers at each station and so it's pretty much a mad house. So is it fun? I am not sure....But Harmony had "a little bit of fun." Last year I bought her a wristband, which allowed her to do everything, but she ended up only wanting to do the free things. This year I told her I would pay for some tickets but not the wrist band. She pouted but I ended up buying her 30 tickets.(Spoiled...!) She didn't use them! She used them all for food! Once again she stuck with the free stuff. She is a timid little thing and didn't want to do half of the rides. But she did get her face painted ( her favorite) and played a few games and rode the carosuel. It was a long 2 hours, I made her leave after that to pick up the boys, but she had fun. This turned out to be a lot longer than I had planned! I guess I just had a lot of venting to do! :)

No comments: