Saturday, June 17, 2006

Lazy Summer Days





What a lazy day! The kids had a "sleepover" in the living room last night. I don't know what the appeal of sleeping downstairs is but they love it. So I let them get there sleeping bags out and they all slept downstairs. They stayed up late so they slept in. Which meant I got to sleep in. Nice.

We went to the ward picnic, after a quick trip to Target. I swear, what did people do before they had Target? Anyway, we got to the picnic and the kids ran around and played. I sat around and talked like I usually do. Although hmmm where was Cindy? Who said she was coming? She must have been hiding or something. Anyway...at the first of the picnice Ivan was a little clingy. Where it gets annoying he was clingy. But he quickly realized where the food was. So I would be sitting talking and realize that Ivan had taken off. Where was he? Digging into the cookies. That kid!

We won't home after awhile and put Ivan down for a nap. The big kids and I all sat down and watched Scooby Doo. We have been really lazy, can you tell? After dinner the kids went out to play. Ivan has discovered how fun it is to play outside. The kids love to push him around in cars and various things.

I got Ben's itinerary (sp?) and he will be home next Sat. One week left. It was going to be Monday the 26th but no longer. So we are now at a week left. This time next week I will be trying to keep the kids busy until it is time to go to the airport. I can't wait! He said tonight they are sleeping in tents in Kurzikstan. He is having some exciting times over there.

Anyway, I have to go get our church stuff ready for tomorrow. We had a 2 weeks hiatus, I am not even sure where the kids church clothes are!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can feel how you really love your kids. I admire you for being busy doing stuffs for them and I think if you see your girl on a communion girl dresses makes you feel peaceful for her.