Saturday, January 06, 2007

Sat. update

Ben is gone. The kids are watching cartoons and of course, playing legos. So I decided to do a very exciting update! Somedays when I blog, they are just little things. So I think every once in a while it is good to get an update in. Ready? Here goes....

Ben has been extremely busy at work. He was late a couple nights this week.I think everybody is trying to make up for all the holiday time they had off! He finished a project and said everyone loved the drawing that he did for it. So that is great. No news on orders yet and that is driving us nuts! He also is busy with his calling in the Sunday School presidency and is trying to get a talk written for something tomorrow.

Harmony, has had to go to an earlier bedtime. I had been letting her stay up until 8, but she was so crabby in the morning. Turns out, she was staying up at night reading in her bed! So who knows how long she had been staying up! We made a compromise, and she is a lot happier now ( and easier to deal with!) She brought her progress report home and has all outstandings. She does so well at school! She is excited because Tuesday she will be starting girl scouts!

Ethan has become extremely involved in playing Lego Star Wars. He is obsessed with it. Makes sure he gets his homework done, his job done so that he can play. He is pretty good too and has learned everything on his own! He is such a fun happy kid. Also a morning person. More than once this week he was up before 6! But he just comes and plays or sits and talks to you a mile a minute. He was rewarded at school with extra computer time for his good behavior. That is a definite good thing!

Connor is so glad to be back at preschool! Being at home with Mom is boring apparently.Who knew? He loves having the afternoons to himself where he can watch anything, or play anything without having to share. He is constantly telling me which foods are healthy or not. Sometimes he is right ( like his yogurt) other times he is trying to pass off tootsie pops as being healthy. He is doing so well with his writing. His name is starting to look really good. He started stay & play this week which means I get an extra hour without him. It is nice.

I don't know if Ivan has changed personalities or if he is giving us a glimpse of what is to come but so far the TERRIBLE TWOS ARE TERRIBLE!!!!!! And technically, we aren't even there yet! He has his 2 year molars coming in and I am praying that is what is the cause of his...crabbiness. He has been a pill! He loves airplanes and looks up every time they fly by! He also has to ring the doorbell every time he comes into the house. He doesn't talk much but makes his wants known! He keeps us on our toes, for sure. Doesn't stop for a minute. At least he is cute...:)

And as for me? I am hanging in there. Trying to keep this brood together. I am getting a new primary class tomorrow and frankly, am kind of worried. Some of the kids in the class can be...disruptive. That is the word I am choosing to use. Wish me luck! Tonight I will be working on thank you cards and hopefully can have them out by Monday. I have been so behind on cards that it is sad! I hope I haven't offended anyone with my forgetfulness. We also change times for church, and we have the worse time ever! 1-4. I don't like this time because it means no naps, for anyone! My Sunday nap is one of my favorite indulgences!

No comments: