Wednesday, January 17, 2007

heartbroken :(

For as long as I can remember, I have carried a camera around.I remember the first one I ever bought. It was $20 and included a roll of film and 2 batteries. What a deal. Actually, it lasted a long time! I lost that one at Ricks. Then I bought another one, this time going for the $35 one. Had that one until Ethan was born. Then for Ethan's 1st b-day and Connor's blessing, I got to go out and buy a nicer camera. Loved it. Had never had such nice pictures before. I had it until on Ethan's 3rd birthday and Ben left it somewhere at Chuck E Cheeses. Needless to say, no one ever turned it in. However, he did let me got get another one, very soon after that. I mean he owed me, I had just lost all of Ethan's birthday pictures! I had that one until last year, when I was finally convinced to go digital. I loved my camera. ( Note "loved")It was great. Got great pictures. Everything ran smoothly until...November. We all took a trip to Williamsburg, and it was hot, the kids were behaving badly, Ben was being...a bad tourist and I consoled myself with the fact that " at least I will have some cute pictures". Not so. That was the first time I got that little message. A red message on a blue screen, "CARD ERROR". Got it home and nothing. There were no pictures. I went and bought a bigger & better memory card. Even got to do the repeat of the Williamsburg trip. Things going great until...Sunday night. Snapped a way cute picture of Ethan & Harm. And there it was again, "CARD ERROR" Crap! No! Yep, you guessed it. Picture was gone. Last night, Ben let me buy a new one. Wrong size. Returned it. Today, went and bought the right card. Put it in and..."CARD FULL" What the heck? Format it. Nothing. Won't work. It is not the memory card. It is the camera. Less than a year later. I am heart broken. I don't know if Ben will let me get a new one any time soon. Not because he is mean, or doesn't love me, it's just that cameras are expensive. It sucks. I have field trips and birthdays coming up. I can't be camera less! :(So anyway, that is my long story. If you want to donate to the "Marie got a crappy camera, and now has to replace it "camera fund that would be great!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Have you tried taking the camera back to the store where you bought it? Or checking to see if it has a warranty? If it's only a year old, maybe you can take it back. Good luck! I have an old point and shoot you can have...