Friday, January 19, 2007

I forgot....

Do you love how on top of this blog I am?Have you ever seen so many updates in a row? Well, since I can't walk very well, I sit. Ok, that is actually an only today thing. But I realized with all of the whining and complaining that I have done I have forgotten a few things that have happened this week! And not that I don't love the boys, but these just all happen to be about lil' Miss Harmony. I would put a cute pic.of her but well....

1) Tuesday was her first day of Girl Scouts! Last Saturday, we went and got her a Brownie vest and handbook. She read that book all weekend let me tell yah! The leader is a teacher at H's school, so when school was out she went down to her classroom. Poor Ethan had to walk out all by himself! I picked her up at 4 and they were busy singing the girl scout song. They also learned the handshake, a circle of friendship, and a few other things. She said that they also went over handbooks and had to draw a picture of themselves that show their favorite things. She had a great time. Next week, I will be signing a permission slip to let her sell cookies. You can't be a girl scout without selling cookies. Well you can but...she is hoping to earn a reward for selling, so if you would like to support her, she would love it!

2)Last night I got to go to a program at church with her, called "It's great to be 8!) Now I realize that the majority of people who read this blog are LDS (or Mormon) but there are some who aren't. So quick explanation, in our religion, we believe that children are baptized at 8, because by this age they know the difference between right and wrong. So this is a huge thing. Last night, they talked to the kids about preparing for their baptisms. They even went for a "dry run" in the font, and Harm did great. Of course there was no water in it but...Just seeing her down there made me teary eyed. I can't believe how fast she has grown up. It seems right before my eyes. This time really is such a special one for her. I am so glad that her Dad will be able to baptize her in Aug. We have no idea where she will be baptized but will keep you posted! It was just so great, to spend that time with her.

No comments: