Friday, May 05, 2006

Officially a Handful

5:45 this morning " Mom, am I 5 yet?" "yes Ethan you are five. Can you show me how many you are on your fingers?" " Mom I am all of my fingers, my whole hand." "Well Ethan that makes it official you are a handful." Off he ran to watch a cartoon because I was not getting up with him yet!

I can't believe that Ethan is already five. Whew, time has sure flown. Today has really hard on me. The birthdays have been the hardest for me. I hate that Ben has missed all of his boys birthdays. I hate that Ethan wants Ben to be here and he can't. It is so hard. It makes me sad for Ethan. It makes me sad for Ben because I know if he could be here he would. I am ready for him to be home.

Ivan is absolutely miserable...so that doesn't help matters any. He has 3 teeth coming in. When he gets teeth he makes sure everyone knows. He has had a fever, runny nose, drool and crying and crying. I once read that there are no symptoms when it comes to teething and that when people blame runny noses on teething that it is false. Whoever wrote that article, I would beg to differ. Ivan is miserable.

Speaking of teeth, about 15 min. after my conversation with Ethan, here comes Harmony. "Mommy? My other tooth fell out and I can't find it anywhere!" Oops, I think she might have swallowed it or something. Anyway the tooth fairy has to make another visit tonight and wouldn't you know it, she doesn't have change...again.

Last night I was giving Connor his bath and noticed that he has a sunburn on the back of his neck. So I said "Connor you have lines from the sun." "Really what color are they?" " They are red." " Mommy, how can the sun turn me red if the sun is yellow?"

My kids. What would I do without 'em?

1 comment:

Cindy said...

That's cute :)