Thursday, May 04, 2006

Ivan vs. Mommy...who will win?

Every night after I get the big kids to bed, I go into clean the kitchen. Every night Ivan follows me in and proceeds to empty out the kitchen drawers. Now, he does this all through the day to, but I don't clean that mess up very often. Not until he is completely done. So I look at him and say his name. He looks up at me with those brown eyes and shouts "Mama!" Then continues on with his project. I say his name again and we repeat the process. Finally I go over and say, " no no Ivan" and give him something else to do. So while I go and put the stuff in the drawer, he toddles over to the dishwasher. He now knows how to open the dishwasher. He opens the door and starts pulling out all of the silverware to sample. All of the silverware goes on the floor and he goes for the plates. By this time, I go over and stop him. Like magic, at that very moment...it's bedtime. I love this stage.

No comments: