Monday, May 29, 2006

Green with envy...


Not sure why this posted the picture 2x's...?
I was extremely upset with Ethan this morning. The kids had sat down to eat breakfast and Connor was looking at the box of waffles. On the box was an offer for a breakfast set from the movie "Cars." Connor was looking at it and talking about how his Daddy was going to take him to the movie when he came home and how cool it was. Then Ethan says to him..." It's not cool Connor, it's garbage." Of course Connor defends himself with "no it's not Ethan." Of course the argument keeps going. I was in the kitchen and here comes Ethan with the box and he says "this is garbage right Mom?" I said, " well kind of" because I wasn't exactly sure what was going on. Ethan takes off and puts it in the garbage can and Connor starts bawling. Then I realized what was happening and made him go get it and give it back. I was so dissapointed in Ethan. He is usually a real sweet heart and very sensitive to that kind of thing. I mean I hadn't asked him to clear off the table, or to throw garbage away...he did it out of pure meanness. I was so upset with him. I gave him the whole spiel of how he needs to treat his brother how he wants to be treated etc. etc

I went and took a shower and was still really stewing over the whole situation. I was upset that he was just...being mean. Is it just 5 yr old boys or is it something more. I get out of the shower and here are Ethan and Connor playing "camping". I asked Ethan to come and talk to me for a little bit. I asked him why he had done that and he looks at me with his huge eyes and said, " Mommy I just really wanted to look at it." Ah-ha! Light bulb goes off. He was jealous. It was pure jealousy. I talked to him about the fact that if he had asked Connor for a turn Connor would have given him one. In one way it made me feel better but in another I just wondered what happens from here...

No comments: