Monday, March 12, 2007

Our Busy Weekend

Whew! We had an extremely, busy, but fun weekend. Friday night our ward had a Pinewood Derby. The kids were so excited for Daddy to race his car. Although Connor thought Ben was racing an actual car. The boys started out really excited but after awhile, they escaped to go and play in the nursery. But Harmony stepped up and really got into it!! It was cute because I thought it was going to be the boys who were the most involved but it wasn't! Harmony won a few races but didn't win the whole thing. She didn't really care though! Then there was a dessert auction. I made a Peanut Butter chocolate pie and it went for $18! Not bad. Considering I can't imagine paying for anything that I make!

Saturday morning, we dropped Harmony off at Saturday school and headed to Fort Monroe. Ben needed an army medal to wear with his uniform. Fort Monroe was a very nice base. We got the medal, then headed to our commissary and did a few errands. Picked up Harmony and came home for lunch. An hour later I dropped Connor off at his friend's house for a birthday party. Came home. Stayed for an hour than dropped Harmony off at her friends house. Came home with one hour to get ready for the ball. Got Ivan and Ethan ready and dropped them off. Got our pictures taken ( thanks Deborah!) and then headed to the ball.

What do a couple of Mormons do during a cocktail hour? Not much! We walked around and said hello to a few people. Found our table. We were going to cheat to try and win the centerpiece. They usually place a piece of paper under a chair and that person wins. We thought we found it but...they did it a different way! But...we won anyway. The person whose birthday was closest to the Seabee birthday won and it was Ben! So thanks to Christy for having him late!

We listened to the speakers, watched the youngest & oldest Seabees cut the birthday cake. Gave a standing ovation to two elderly WW2 vets, ate, danced ( only slow ones!) and just had a good time. It was so nice to be out with Ben. All dressed up and actually have somewhere to go! By 11 we were ready to go. We stopped at Taco Bell on the way home. We really did have such a good time.

Now back to our normal daily lives. This week is not going to be as busy as last. That is a good thing because I still haven't caught up from last week. I am picking up the last of the GS cookie money today! Yay! Besides one more booth sale on Thursday I will be done with cookies!

No comments: