Monday, March 05, 2007

build.learn.create
















For those who don't know, the Home Depot offers a kids workshop, on the first Saturday of every month. I kept telling Ben that I thought he should take them. But he would just say, " Marie I can teach them how to do all that stuff." Which yes is true, but my response was, " would you rather them learn on your tools or with someone else's?And besides they get free lunch too." So for the past 2 months Ben has been taking the 3 older kids. Ivan and I stay at home and try to get some work done. The first month they came home proudly wearing their bright orange aprons and proudly holding a Home Depot race car. They loved it and Harmony said, " Mom I love building stuff!!"

Well last Saturday Harmony had to go to her Saturday school, and was bummed that she wouldn't be able to go. And it is too bad, because the project was right up her alley. A Butterfly House. Not to worry though, Ben said that he would build her one. But the boys had a great time and when they got home they wanted to paint them. They were so cute out painting. They have loved building and creating. And I love seeing them being creative!

No comments: