Tuesday, October 24, 2006

word association

I got a magazine today from Michaels. I am lovin' it. It is a way to jump start your scrapbooking with quizzes. Designed to get journaling going. I love it. So I am going to randomly answer some of the quizzes. Fun stuff. So this one is called word association. 10 words and what my first thoughts are. If you would like to do this, I would love to read 'em! And since Beth needs to update her blog anyway.... (hint, hint) Ok here goes:

1) ocean-our last trip to the ocean this summer. When we went for family night and all the kids were walking up and down the beaches collecting rocks and shells. It was evening time and so it wasn't too hot or humid. Just having fun enjoying the evening.

2) sneakers-Ethan just recieved those 2 bags of clothes, that I mentioned in an earlier post. Well along with that came 5 pairs of shoes. So our collection of shoes in the shoe basket is huge. We seriously need to start getting rid of some. I am not sure how many Ethan even owns at this point!


3) picnic-hmmm,haven't had one for awhile. The kids used to love to sit at our old coffee table and watch a movie while they ate dinner. They used to call it picnic dinners. This was a "while Daddy was deployed" thing.

4)playground-Connor's class is the last one out on the playground at preschool. So it is always so cute to see them playing if you come early. And depending on the weather, his little ears are cold or he is sweating. One of his favorite parts of the day!

5) trampoline- going to the Fitzimmons house and using their trampoline. I remember Brad Levitt bouncing us up really high

6) dessert- yummmmm! I could use one! Favorites: german choc. cake, eclairs, blondie brownies

7)camera- of all of my material possessions this is my favorite. One time we took Ethan to Chuck E Cheese for his birthday and while playing skee ball I asked Ben if he would put my camera in his pocket. He set it down somewhere and well...someone took it. I nearly started bawling. All of Ethan's birthday pictures were on it. i have never asked Ben to hold my camera again, although he did get me a new one.

8) telephone- I remember my Mom would be talking to someone and we would want to talk to her about something and it was always "urgent". She used to tell us to wait until she got off but of course we kept bugging her. Now I am on the other end of that and realize how annoying it is.

9) flat tire-damsel in distress. I always drove around hoping I wouldn't get a flat tire while Ben was gone because I wasn't sure what I would do. One of the requirements for drivers ed was to change a flat tire, and Mr. Freeman said even the girls had to do it. But Ned Kindler signed it for us anyway and I never learned how. Now I am your basic D.I.D, if it happens. fyi: on the cartoon Hercules they talk about D.I.D's which is where I got that phrase. damsel in distress. that's me.

10) school bell- every morning the bells at preschool rings. It is the sign that my free time has begun.

My rambling is over. Feel freet to use this word association if bored! :)

No comments: