Friday, October 06, 2006

Kuwait

OK, I am not perfect. Shocker I know. I know I had everyone fooled. But I realized that well...I committed a major faux pas. Is that how you spell it? Whatever. Anyway...I messed up. Last Friday ,Ben came home from work and announced that he had been asked to volunteer to go to Kuwait for 2 weeks and that he had said YES. I told him that I could handle anything a month or under, otherwise he had to go back and say no. He has only been home for 3 months as is so...That night, we had a chili cookoff at the church. So while I was there, I told a few of my friends what was going on. Fast forward to my "wishlist" post. I had forgot the fact that I hadn't actually mentioned it to family, until my inbox was flooded with concerned emails. Big oops and I am soooo sorry. I hope no one was too worried or stressed. Ben hasn't recieved final word, but he said that he talked to the person who had asked him, and the guy didn't even mention it. He figures it isn't going to happen. I have said it before though, nothing in the Navy is 100%. If he does go, it will only be for a couple of weeks. He wouldn't even be issued a weapon. I am sorry for the confusion.

Tonight is our date night and we are excited to get out by ourselves! Harmony is spending the night at her friends house and the boys are going to parents night out at the Y. We are going to go eat at California Pizza Kitchen ( we have never been there) and than probably walk the mall if we don't get in to see a movie. Anyway, soo looking forward to spending the evening with my favorite person! We also will try to keep dry in this lovely weather we are having! :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Thanks for the clarification! Hopefully, Ben will get to stay on safe ground. BTW: You will love California Pizza Kitchen - it's delish!