Thursday, October 05, 2006

poor Ivan




I usually do not feel bad for Ivan. I know, I am mean. BUT that kid can usually hold his own. But today he is having it rough. He doesn't feel well first of all. How do I know this? Well because for the hour that we were at the mall, he did not scream once, throw any snacks on the ground, and sat nicely in his stroller. So unlike him. When the cashier at the store commented on what a quiet baby he was well...I knew. Anyway, every Thursday I babysit my friends daughter. The girl is a little fire ball. She is here, there and everywhere. She's cute. But she is also 3. And when I say she is 3 I mean three in every sense of the word. 98% of the time she is golden. She can't remember the boy's names and so basically calls them boy. But she knows who Ivan or in her case Iban is. She tells on him from the moment we get in our car until the moment she gets in hers to go home. Ivan can do nothing when she is around. "Iban went outside." " Iban took my lunch bag." "Iban is in my car." ( a toy car which is actually his) "Iban is in the pantry" etc. etc. The kid can not win today. So he isn't feeling well and at 3:00 will be drugged and put down for a nap, wanted to cuddle with blankets in the living room. But with Gabbie around? Nothin' doin! "Iban took that boys pillow and his blanket!) She would not leave him alone. Poor kid. It's just not his day!

No comments: