Monday, October 30, 2006

memories erased

I am not a technological person. I am scared of electronics. They make me break out in a sweat, and chew my fingernails. Maybe not that bad but seriously...technology is not my thing. Ask my brother in law, Eric. If you asked him, he would probably say I am still in the dark ages. No palm pilot, I use a planner. I have only been digital for less than a year. It took me a while to download IM. I could go on....no I pod ( although I am crossing my fingers for one to be under the Christmas tree!). Uploading & downloading anything causes a panic attack. So you can imagine my fear when I switched over from regular film to digital. Now, while I love my digital, I can honestly say that there are drawbacks. My subjects will move before I get my picture and well...I am left with a different picture than I actually took. So while I enjoy my digital, I use it with much trepidation. I do not erase pictures off of my camera until I have the actual copy in my hand. In case anyone is wondering, I use Shutterfly and I love it. So because of this policy, I have a lot of pictures on my camera. I just have this huge fear of my computer crashing. I am sure you are wondering where all of this rambling is leading too...Today I was going to take a picture of Ivan. I got out my camera and batteries were dead. So I changed them and tried to take a picture when "card error" came up on the little screen. In a split second all pictures were erased from the memory card. Gone was Halloween, Connor driving his hot wheel car up and down the sidewalk, Ethana giving Ivan kisses and more. All my memories erased. I am lucky because I actually had downloaded them all on Sat. But it still scared me. Just like that. My memories erased. Makes me grateful that I scrapbook. To get those stories down. I also learned a lesson. Memories are precious things.

No comments: