Monday, October 16, 2006

Ben says...

Ben told me the other day that I need to update my blog. I figure since he thinks it needs to be updated, and he lives with mem, well others might want to know what is going on in our lives. And it all boils down to...we're busy. Extremely busy. I remember during the summer when I longed for the more scheduled days of the school year. And while, yes, we are on a schedule, life is busy and crazy. There is school, homework, school pictures, carpooling, babysitting, primary activities, play dates, and more. But here is a little run down on the fam...

Ben hurt his back a while ago. I want to say it was 3 weeks but it could have been longer. He finally went to the Dr. on Friday and they said that his vertabrae ( I am not a very good speller, sorry) was all messed up. They give him a shot and than a couple of perscriptions. He said that the shot really helped but the medications so far hadn't really worked. He has been really busy lately with projects here and there. It is also college football season so you can imagine how he spends the majority of his Saturdays!

Harmony was the lucky recipient of a loft bed. A friend of mine gave it to us. Her daughter had outgrown it and she was going to junk it and I told her I would take it. Harmony LOVES it. As soon as it was set up she immediatley started decorating and getting her Barbie stuff together. Harm had a big project due in Science this week. There was a Primary pizza party on Thursday and so I told her she had to have it done by then. She got it done and all turned in. Then on Sat. as I was trying to find the surface on my desk, I found one of the pages. I couldn't find her teachers email so we took the chance and brought it in today. She had a sub, and the projects were still in the bin. So she let us put the missing page in. Lucky!

Ethan is totally loving kindergarten. He always lets me know who got in the frowny box or who was doing scribble scrabble. He loves his teacher and always comes home with piles of pictures that he has drawn. He is still a little Lego Star Wars fiend and I know Santa has plans to bring him the 2nd one for Christmas. He had a part in our wards Primary program yesterday and Harmony taught him his part. He had it all memorized and did a great job. I didn't hear him sing but I am hoping that he did.

Connor is really enjoying school too. There is another Connor in his class so they are called Connor M. and Connor T. This is the other Connor's first year at the preschool. The two boys have really hit it off. Today while we were driving home Connor said, " guess what Mommy? Me and Connor M.and Pepper are all best friends." I said, " who is Pepper?" " Oh that is Connor M.'s dog". Oh well of course. Connor loves to do his homework. The first night that he had it he was very concerned with how hard it was going to be. Now he loves to do it and will make sure he gets it done really fast. He also had a part in the program but was pretty quiet. He sat by all the girls because one of the boys was messing with him. We won't say who that child was...

Ivan is a typical almost 2 year old. He is into everything. He definatley follows the "toddler creed". If it's yours it's mine.If I had it, it's mine. If it is open it has to be closed. If it is closed it has to be opened. If it is full than it has to be emptied. If it is emptied it has to be filled. You get the picture. It took a lot longer than it should of to get the dishes done last night, thanks to a certain someone. If the dishwasher door was open, he had to come nad close it. Yeah typical. Connor had 2 Buzz Light year shirts that were his absolute favorites. However they are too small for him now. He had a hard time giving them up but Ivan managed to wear one today!

Me? Well I am boring. I just try to keep up with everything. I need to figure out a Christmas card design and get those started. I used to just buy them but I have to admit, I enjoy making them now. It is a little more stress at Christmas but...I have also decided to take a hiatus from Weight Watchers. I have totally lost my mojo for any sort of dieting program. I am still exercising every day but I just need a break. Maybe I will get it back soon but for now I just want a little freedom.

Anyway there you go. Life as we know it...

2 comments:

Little Hensley Fam said...

Hmm... I wonder who that kid was that was bugging Connor... no one I know I'm sure... ;) *wink*

Beth said...

I got tired just reading that....Don't you miss the good old days at Ricks?! They were good right?!