Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Halloween


Miss Harmony thinks that if there is a holiday in the month, that we have decorations for, we should do it on the 1st day of that month. It doesn't matter if the holiday is on oh shall we say the 31st of the month. It should be done on the 1st. I can honestly say that I wouldn't be surprised if Harmony became the next Martha Stewart. So because yesterday was family night and happened to be the 2nd day of October, we decorated for Halloween. Unfortunatley, Halloween at our house isn't as popular as Christmas, thus we only had a couple of things. I am talking literally maybe 4 or 5. So what does a Target lovin' family do? Yeah we headed to Target. But once we were there, the kids were more interested in looking at costumes, masks, candy, toys and well...not decorations. However we did get some window clings. So there you have it. Our effort to decorate for Halloween. All of the kids, decided they want to be the exact same thing they were last year. And believe it or not, the costumes all still fit! Nice and easy. Just the way I like it. My friends are way in too Halloween. Which can be a little scary at times, because competition is fierce. I stay far away from that! I don't even dress up for Halloween. I usually go as a stay at home Mom. Although when I was pregnant with Ivan, I went as a "stay at home ,pregnant, while husband is deployed Mom". Ben usually goes as a Naval officer. Big stretch. This year however, since it is my last year, I have decided to indulge some of my friends and will be dressing up this year. I haven't dressed up since I was a witch at the Ricks Halloween dance. So what am I going to be? Well since so many of us are from different areas, we are all going to dress up as Miss America contestants. Although, officially I should be representing Washington, I am actually going as Miss Oregon. Tiara and formal included. Yeah, we'll see. I kind of think I should dress like a hippi or something. With my sash. Whatever.It is only the 3rd day of October and we are already thinking towards the end of the month. Our trunk or treat is going to be on the 27th so Harm is trying to convince me to let her go trick or treating twice. I thought we should just stay home and pass out candy and watch scary movies. (aka: Scooby Doo). She said we can watch that any time but we can't go trick or treating any time. She has a point....

No comments: