Monday, October 16, 2006

Ivan update



Ben painted this little table for Harmony, with some of the extra red paint from Connor's dresser. Ivan likes to get in and play peek-a-boo!

Ivan is now saying Mommy. Not "mama" or something easier. But full out Mommy. On Sat. I could hear him while I was in the shower saying it over and over. However, the kid doesn't say Daddy. Nope. He will say DaDa when Ben is leaving. Or when he sees the picture of him that is on the fridge. Other than that though...not so much. Saturday afternoon Ben was eating a corndog and Ivan came up to him mouth wide open for a bite. But mean old Daddy, said he doesn't give food to kids who won't call him by name. Poor Ivan. So Ben is a little jealous. I know how he feels though because Harmony's first word was Daddy. Here I was home all day with her while he was off at school and all I would hear was Daddy. So I figure it is only fair. Ivan's vocab has taken off and he is making himself heard a lot better. He can now say, "stop it" which is more like " bop it", bad boy, aw mannnn ( not a joke, ethan says this all the time and I think that is where Ivan picked it up) he also will head to the stairs with a sippy cup and say "nigh, nigh". This morning I asked him where his shoe was and he went and got it out of the basket. Growing up too fast...

No comments: