Tuesday, October 28, 2008

still alive

Wow, I can't believe I haven't blogged since Saturday. Wowsa. The fact is, there really isn't that much going on. Starting tomorrow however we will begin a very long weekend. Choir practice, a sleepover, babysitting, dinner with friends, trick or treating, Craft fair....whew. But right now the most exciting thing is that Ivan is almost done being potty trained! I never thought it would happen. And today I sent him off to school in underwear!!! Oh it is exciting times at the Turner home. Add in the fact that I cleaned out the closet under our stairs and you know that we have had an exciting week.

I do have a question for everyone. Not being on the mainland, I don't feel the crunch of the problems with our economy. I think it is different for us military folk. Living in housing we don't pay rent or utilities. However, our food budget is getting scary. How is everyone saving money these days? Or are you? I need some tips to start cutting costs. I have a lot of books on thrift but...just wondering about suggestions from people I know.

1 comment:

Anna said...

We've been feeling it in VA for sure. I always find it easier to save costs when grocery shopping. You're familiar with freezer cooking and I find I save money and time by doing that. Also... trips to free places, we have a membership to the zoo, parks, etc. My most recent task has been learning to clip coupons. Once you learn to truly buy only things you will use you can save tons. I am stocked up on free toilet paper, toothpaste, toothbrushes, and feminine products.
Anna