Saturday, October 18, 2008

Halloween x 4



Unlike some of my friends, I don't really get into Halloween. I just don't. I don't really see the point of the holiday. And costumes...well I only like "cute" ones. And it seems they are all the gorey ones. Plus they are not cheap and they wear them for like an hour. Ok I know bah humbug...or whatever you say at Halloween.

This year, the Girl Scout Halloween party was a little early this year. However I still put off getting costumes. So I finally went in and everything was 30% off! Nice. Now of course things were picked over but I still managed to find some cute costumes. They were $7 each. Not bad!

We are really going to get our money's worth this year because we have 3 Halloween parties and the actual Halloween night. So 4 uses! I am pretty happy with that. Of course Ben and I go as the same thing every year, a Mom and a Dad.

Last night we went to the GS party. The kids had fun running around like crazy. Harmony was very bummed that she didn't win an award for costumes but what are you going to do right? I thought they looked cute and that's all that matters. :) So now we are 1 party down 3 more to go...btw this doesn't include anything having to do with school/class parties!

5 comments:

Beth said...

I'm not a huge fan of Halloween either. Although I do like picking through their candy! Luckily my MIL is making their costumes this year so I didn't have to buy any! And Austin is so freaked out by certain decorations that we have to skip a bunch of houses when they go trick-or-treating! So I sometimes just don't want to bother! What can you do?!

Little Hensley Fam said...

come on, you could at least go as a beauty queen again! I thought that was a good costume for you! lol!

becky said...

I hate how expensive they are too. But this year Landon is where Brenten's old one and some of Brenten's friends are wearing his old ones. (They are obviously a little younger) And then I got a great deal on one for Brenten. So at least they are getting used again even if it isn't by my family.

Christian and I are supposed to go to a dress up Halloween party. I haven't dressed up since I was 12.

Angie said...

So funny! Josh has the same darth vadar costume! I never did trick or treating growing up and this year will be the kids first year doing this with me. Not sure if its going to be fun or not, but I'm sure the kids will enjoy it!

Jenn said...

I love the creativity of making original costumes. The eating chocolate part isn't too bad either.