Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Family photos



Awhile ago, Ivan's teacher gave me the email of another Mom at the school, who has a son with autism. This lady was willing to talk to me and give me help and advice. So I got her email and sent her a message. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be someone I knew. I just didn't know her last name!! Our kids play together at the park all the time! Anyway, she is also a scrapbooker. So in between emails, it came out that she is looking to take photography classes and wants to open up her own studio. So I asked if she would be willing to take our family photos for Christmas cards this year. She was more than willing. The best part? She didn't charge us!! We just gave permission for her to use them in her portfolio. She gave me a disc with all the pictures and so I can print off how many I want, in what color, what size etc. No having to worry about what package I want. Our first appt. was rained out but we were lucky to squeeze it in this last Saturday. The family is moving on the 29th so there was a time crunch!

Anyway I got the cd yesterday and wanted to share. But now I have a problem....

Ever since I was introduced to Stampin Up by a certain person (Deborah!!) I have been making my own Christmas cards. If I don't make them, I get a comment from people about why I didn't. I usually do a card, photo and newsletter right? Well I like to include a 4x6 because I think those pictures are a little easier to deal with. So here is my question for all of you...

Because we got such cute photos this year, I was thinking of doing my cards online at Shutterfly. That way you get more than one picture. Then just write the newsletter. No homemade card, just lots of pictures.

Option 2 I make my own card but you only get 1 photo

I am leaning towards option .Nice and easy. But I do still have time to make them if I want. And I enjoy making them ( once I get an idea anyway) grrr...opinions please!

4 comments:

Little Hensley Fam said...

I like the pictures, especially the seashell with the kids feet! Of course you should make a card! =) (well if you can't then do nice and easy!)

The Anglesey Family said...

YOU LOOK GREAT MARIE!

Jenn said...

Love the pictures! As for Christmas cards, I think you should do whatever you have the time for.....remember priorities!
Miss you!

Brooke said...

Marie--these pictures are stunning. Your friend is very talented. Then again, think of the wonderful material she had to work with!