Friday, October 31, 2008

Craaaaazy!

I had the coolest experience today and I just have to share. I told Ben but he was not very excited. Ok so here goes...I grew up in a really small town. But there was an even smaller town a little away from my hometown called Lyle. I had a good friend who lived there and so I actually knew a lot of kids from that high school. Fast forward until now....

There is a girl that I have seen on base. And I just knew she looked familiar. I would kind of stare her down every time I did see her trying to figure it out. Today Harmony and I went up to a craft fair (btw got some fun stuff) and she was there. She saw me and said, " Do I know you from somewhere?" And I told her that is what I was thinking too. She asked if I was in boot camp with her and I tried really hard not to laugh. But I asked if she was from Lyle and she said yes. I was in shock. Once we exchanged our maiden names it all came into place. Is that not cool? How many thousands of miles are we from home and I meet someone from Lyle? It was crazy! I got her business card and so I can't wait to catch up. :)

How cool is that story?! It's a small world!

5 comments:

Beth said...

That is awesome! It is indeed a small world after all!!

Monson Family said...

that is really cool. Sometimes the world seems so small. I read your other post about going to church. It cracked me up but I totally understand! I really miss talisay but I have to say it is really nice just going to Relief Society! I hope things get better:)

heidigoseek said...

that's true...it's a small world. mickey mouse wouldn't lie:)

Little Hensley Fam said...

yes that's an awesome story! The world can be a very small place sometimes! I wish you would've taken some pictures to show me what you saw at your craft fair! (and so i could borrow some of the ideas too!)

becky said...

That is crazy because Lyle is really really small. I tagged you.