Thursday, April 26, 2007

the first "last"
















I didn't think it was going to be that hard. Honestly, I didn't. Today was Connor's last day of school. I thought it was going to be hard to say goodbye to his teachers. Because they haven't just been his teachers. They have been so much more. I wasn't prepared for the hugs and tears. For the director to hug me and start crying saying how much she has enjoyed having our family attend preschool. For Connor's teachers to tell me what wonderful children I have and to keep up the good work. There are friends there, who I am not THAT close with, but who I have seen M-F, Sept.-May twice a dayfor 4 years now. Who I have talked in the hallway with. Who I have arranged play dates with. Who I have seen at the grocery store and Target. And it is all over. We are done at LUMPS. When I told Connor that this was his last ride, he asked me " forever?" And I said yes. In 2003, I dropped a very tiny Harmony off at the door, holding Connor in my arms. And 4 years later, I walked out with a 5 year old Connor. Time flies. This is the first thing that is "ending". I am not sure if I am emotionally ready to handle all the goodbyes that are coming our way.

No comments: