Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Valentines Day curse

Last year, I dreaded the coming of V-day. Because my Valentine was a million miles away. I didn't want to spend my fav. day without the one person that I wanted to kiss on. So,in an attempt to avoid a pity party, I decided to see if some other "Navy widows" wanted to all go out to dinner. Heck, just because our husbands were gone, didn't mean that we had to be all by ourselves right? So since it fell on a Tuesday last year, I suggested a place where kids eat free on Tuesdays nights. Had a few people willing to join. Valentines Day morning I woke up feeling a little "not quite right". By the afternoon, I was on my couch with 3 shirts, sweats and a blanket. My neighbor Angie, who I always refer to as "my neighbor Angie" which I should stop doing because she was much more than that, ended up taking the kids for a little while so I could lay on the couch. That night I started throwing up. It was terrible. After that I was sick for a good couple of days.

Fast forward to yesterday...it was a busy one. I hardly sat down. Then I was heading home to eat some lunch and felt well a little iffy. But I just thought it was because I was hungry after running around. By 4:00 all I wanted to do was lay down. I did manage to get dinner made,but after 5:30 I didn't move from the couch. I did take a long hot bath but still not feeling well. Slept very poorly all night, and than spent the morning throwing up. Ben took care of the big kids, getting them where they needed to be. And me? I am feeling much better. Stomach is a little sore, but I think our going out to dinner tonight will probably be canceled. :( The curse strikes again!

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you! I am so sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you still have a good day!
Love ya,
Beth