Thursday, February 08, 2007

the smarty pants gene

I am not sure where it comes from, but I am so proud of my kids. I really am. They are not perfect. They drive me nuts a lot of the time. BUT, they are smart and they work hard. I went to a parent/teacher conference for Connor this morning. Yes, they have them for preschool. At first I really didn't think that was necessary, but than I figure, I am paying them almost $200 a month to teach my child, I want to know how he is doing. So I walk in, and Ms. Skees says to me, " I have nothing but good things to say about Connor. He is such a pleasure to have in class." Academically he is above where he needs to be, and his teachers feel he will have no problems in kindergarten. She said, he plays nicely with all the kids, he is polite, doesn't cause probelms and is just a well behaved little boy. Ms. Skees told me that I was doing a great job with him and to just keep it up. It is so nice to hear that sometimes! So I am way proud of him.

Harmony, recieved another straight A report card. So Tuesday we will be at another honor roll ceremony. I was teasing her, because when she brings home her work packets, I always look through them. BUT she always has 100% on everything. So I was teasing her that I wasn't even going to bother looking through it anymore. Yesterday, she was walking out of school to the car, and she had tons of stuff in her hands. She was the #1 reader in all of 2nd grade for AR. AR is a program where kids read books, take a test on it, and then earn points. She had the highest of anyone in her grade. So she had all sorts of prizes. I told her that I am so proud of her and all her hard work has paid off. She was like "what hard work? This stuff is easy." She's humble too.

I haven't had a conference with Ethan's teacher lately, but she did tell me something a while back. There is a boy in his class, who just hasn't learned all the letters. And it bugs Ethan. He is constantly telling Ms. McKnight that this kid bothers him because all he does is "scribble scrabble". So she made Ethan an "assistant teacher" and he helps this boy out with learning his letters. Too cute. He also scored really high on all of his testing. He hasn't really started reading yet but I need to work with him.

Ivan...well obviously he isn't in school. Ms. Skees said that it was too bad we were moving because she would have loved to have Ivan in class. I was like well that might be taking things a little too far! That kid is a wild one.

Anyway, now that I am done bragging, hopefully the spell will not be broken. Because that is what happens when you brag, something not very good happens, and you learn the " I shouldn't have bragged lesson". Oh well.

Ramblings are done. :)

No comments: