Tuesday, February 27, 2007

just say no

Why is it that I can't say no to people? Need a doormat? Here just use me! OK so it is not actually that bad BUT...Harmony's girl scout leader called me yesterday, and the "cookie-picker-upper" lady, is sick and can't pick up the 50 cases of cookies that are needed. So since I drive a van, could I go pick them up. So I told her sure. Let me see if I can find someone to watch the kids for an hour so that I can fit all 50 boxes in said van. My friend says no problem. I tell the leader no problem. Last night, Ethan's fever was down and I thought no problem. This morning....Connor is terrible. He has a nasty cough and runny nose. Can hardly breathe. Ethan is still warm with a fever AND started throwing up. Ivan and Harm are ok but now I have a sore throat, runny nose etc. But do I tell the GS leader that I can't do it? Nope. I tell her I will take care of it for her. I am going to tell my friend she is relieved of babysitting b/c her kids will get sick if they spend any amount of time with mine. So I am going to make as many trips as needed to get the cookies to her. It is my fault. I should have just said no. Live and learn...I am going to go lay down until I have to leave. I did tell her that I would not be doing it until Ivan took a nap. So at least that is something. Then I will be going to the store to re-stock on chicken noodle soup. I hate being sick. And I hate it when the kids are sick!

No comments: