Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Tackle it Tuesday





I have been so busy lately that I have let so many things go. Including the little things. So I decided that although it is a litle one, it was one that I needed to get done. My entertainment center.

Awhile ago, I decided that all of our dvd's were starting to take up too much room. That and the fact that I would find Toy Story in the Scooby Doo case and Scooby Doo in the Over the Hedge case, etc. So I spent an evening throwing all the cases away and moving the dvd's to the zippered cd cases.

Well it worked for awhile but...instead of the movies being put away, they sit in stacks.I tried to get a picture of one. Well this just resulted in ruined dvd's. Finger prints, and other things. So if there is anything I learned from that experience was that sort of storage didn't work for me. So last night I went to the store and got some cases. I filled the cases and have extras. Plus I am just going to start keeping cases from any new movies I buy.

Then I cleared off the toys, put all the video game stuff in a basket,hiding it behind a picture. Dusted and...done. Something small but I like looking at that nice cleared spot!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

The same thing happens with DVD's in our house!! I finally got a shelf for them all. So, I have two shelves on either side of my entertainment center that don't match the actual unit. My goal is to paint them someday.But, at least the DVD's have a home. Now to just get my family to put them there....