Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Christmas tag...

I actually did this tag last year, but a lot of people I know have started blogs since then. So I am doing it again. If you have a blog, consider yourself tagged!!

1)egg nog or hot chocolate? Honestly I love both of them. Hot chocolate with marshmallows and/or whipped cream, with a candy cane for stirring. Yum. But I also love my Mom's egg nog and plan to serve it this Christmas.

2)Do you wrap your presents or not? I am not a very good wrapper,and so I tend to go through paper fast. So it depends on if it is a hard gift to wrap and if I have enough paper left.

3)Colored lights or white? Honestly, I love the look of just white. I think it looks so pretty.

4)Do you hang mistletoe? No, I think we do just fine without it!

5)When do you put up your decorations? We do it the day after Thanksgiving. It is usually a guarantee that Ben will be home to help that day. Although this plan has been thrown for a loop some years!

6)What is your favorite holiday dish? Hmm...I love glazed ham. Mashed potatoes and gravy. Is there anything not good about the food at the holidays?!

7)Favorite memory as a child? I have a lot of good memories, the scavenger hunt for our $50, opening stockings was always fun, opening the gifts from Grandma Whitby, going to see the Nutcracker with my sisters, caroling, so many...

8)When and how did you learn about Santa? I am not really sure. I just remember one year when Mom asked me to read stories to my nieces so that they could wrap gifts.

9)Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? yes, the kids get new pj's every Christmas. So I always let them open those, it makes for cute pictures in the morning!

10)How do you decorate your tree? Unbreakable ornaments, dollar store ornaments and ones the kids have made are on the bottom. The rest are just scattered everywhere. I am not particular about how the tree looks. Ecspecially after last year when my favorite ornament was broken!

11)Snow...love it or dread it? I love the snow.It is really pretty. It has been a long time since I had a white Christmas though, and I am not holding out any hope for it this year! :)

12)Can you ice skate? no that would take skill

13)Do you remember your favorite gift? My ipod last year was a good one, the year I found out I was pregnant with Harmony, I remember getting a Lane chest ( about the size of a tissue box) that held Barbie clothes. I still have the chest today. Although Harmony now uses it.

14) What is the most important part of the holidays? Teaching my kids the real meaning of Christmas. "That Christmas doesn't come from a store. But perhaps means a little bit more."

15) Favorite holiday dessert? Fudge. My Grandma's pb fudge. Yum.

16) Favorite tradition? My favorite as a child, was opening stockings on Christmas Eve, trying to stay up late with my brothers. Now my favorite is staying up late with Ben on Christmas Eve, wrapping presents, laughing, crying (and quoting!!) It's a Wonderful Life.

No comments: