Monday, November 13, 2006

the naughty list



Not as innocent as he looks....
Connor has moved over from the nice list to the naughty list. Just yesterday, I was telling Ben how sweet Connor is. That he does stinky things sometimes but in general is just so sweet. Today he is one of my least favorite kids....

Connor loves legos. LOVES legos. Is obsessed with legos. Could spend hours looking at lego.com. Ok, so he used to have two lego guys and 2 girls. But he doesn't like the girls, because they are girls, and then lost the other guy. So if you do the math that leaves one lego guy left. So the other day he and Ethan were fighting over who got to have the lego guy. Mommy's solution? If you can't share, than nobody gets him, and was put high on a shelf. Well Connor keeps asking me and asking me about the guy. Well today, we went to McDonalds for a play date when Connor told me " guess what Mommy? I found a lego guy for Ethan" I said,"really where did you find it? In the play place?".
C-"no"
M-" Connor where did you find the Lego guy"
C won't look at me. Avoiding my eyes.
M- " Connor, where did you find them?"
C- " I don't know".
M " Did you take them from Ms. McCreedy's lego box at school?"
His eyes are glued to the floor.
M" Why did you take them?"
C " Because I only have one."

I was like ok that is it. Play date is over. We are going home. As we are walking out he asks me if he can have them to play with!!I think my look gave him his answer. This is our first time dealing with this. The older 2 never did that. So the punishment is going to be stiff as he is setting a precadent. First up for today, he is taking a nap, grounded from all electronics and will not be going to a birthday party. We will see what else happens.

I guess the thing that really gets to me is that he knew he did something wrong. It wasn't some innocent -I-stuck -it-in-my-pocket-and-forgot-about -it thing. He also just had this lesson in sunbeams a couple of weeks ago. And we watched Home Alone last night and he watched the robbers being carted off to jail. He knew it was not an ok thing to do.

Frustrating. Aggravated. Irritated. Dissapointed. My kid is a stink.

No comments: