Friday, November 17, 2006

Brookdale Farms (again)









Yep, I went back to the farm. I went with Ethan on the 2nd of this month and went back on Wed. This time I drove though and one of the other parents said that we were almost to the North Carolina border.It was that far out there. Harmony decided that she didn't want to ride on the bus. She wanted to ride with me where she could listen to her music and play Gameboy. Who can blame her? I wouldn't want to ride the bus. After a long wait, we broke into 3 groups and went around the farm. We learned a lot. Harmony, although she may not look like she is paying attention, just abosorbed the info. When I was questioning her that night she could answer everything I asked her! We had a great time but I was ready for a nap when I got home!

Speaking of Harmony, she had a great report card. 3 A's and a B. Her B was in math ( I am afraid that is probably my fault ...genetics or something). Her teacher just talked about how proud she was of Harmony and all of her hard work.I was proud too and thought she did a great job. Well yesterday she gets in the car after school and has this scowl on her face. I asked her what was wrong and she broke into tears. "Mom, I didn't get invited to the Honor Roll celebration because I got a B!" I asked her how she knew and she said that one of the kids was asked to pass out the invitations and she didn't get one. She was so upset so I told her I would go home and give her teacher a call. I called her teacher and explained that I had a crying child, because she didn't think she was invited. She apologized profusely and said she had just run out and she had sent a kid to the office to pick up more, but they had to print more off. She said "Harmony has earned it in every way!" So she will get her one today.I am glad at this age, her problems are so easily solved!

Today is Connor's Thanksgiving program and he is very excited about being a pilgrim. Should be cute! Then tonight we have parents night out! Yay! Date night! Then after we get the kids to bed, I have scrapbook night. I know what I am going to be doing on Sat. Taking a nice long nap!

No comments: