Saturday, September 02, 2006

Saying goodbye....



Last night was filled with some teary goodbyes. After a day of playing, and being stuck inside together, it was time to tell Vale goodbye. Ethan and Vale butt heads a lot but it was still hard. Connor just about started bawling and Vale was wiping some tears away. The boys go to bed an hour earlier than Harm and so I heard the last few duets from Harm and Vale as they played upstairs. Then at 8:30 it was time to say goodbye.

Those two, never fought, never hurt each other. From the moment he got off the plane, they have laughed, talked, played,sung together and just enjoyed one anothers company. It was like a year hadn't passed between the last time they had seen each other. I know Vale is rooting for us to be stationed in San Diego, and he will just have to wait and see. But it was the hardest watching them. I know they kind of filled a void for each other. And they are going to miss each other. The hugging pic. makes me teary eyed!

And in other news...Harmony and Ethan had their teacher meet & greet on Thursday. Harmony's kindergarten teacher was absolutely the best. It was one of those situations when once I met her I felt perfect calm about Harm being in her class. So last year as school was ending, I asked her if there was anything that I could do to have Ethan in her class. She said that she would put a request to have him in. So I felt relieved UNTIL I got the class assignments. Not Ms. McKnight, but Ms. Hill. I decided that we were going to go in and meet her and if I got a bad vibe, I was so heading to the principals office. We went in, she was a nice woman and so I just kind of let it drop. Went to meet Harmonys teacher and then as we were leaving we decided to go say hi to Ms. McKnight. Last year we said hi and bye to her every morning. This is how much we love her! When we walked in she looked at me and said, " I don't have a Turner on my list do I?" I kind of made a pouty face and said no. She just looked at me and said, "don't worry I will take care of it." She had Ethan pick where he wanted to sit. I was like are you sure this is ok? She said,"don't worry. Bring him here on the first day." We went home and about 15 min. later she called and said it is all set.No problems. THANK HEAVEN FOR GOOD TEACHERS! That is just all I have to say on that subject. I am stoked!

No comments: