Thursday, September 28, 2006

bad friend

***warning*** this is not a straight to the point story!

I have a lot of really good friends. Seriously some amazing women. But I am not a very good friend. Take my friend Melissa for example. I have been thinking about her a lot lately. Last Feb.she and her family moved to Las Vegas. It was the first time in a looong time that I had to say goodbye to someone I really cared about. She was such a good friend to me. I miss her. Just goofin' off and sitting and talking for hours. Anyway...today was my turn to pick kids up for carpool. Well, Jonas's Mom, was not home yet and asked if I could just bring him to my house. OK no problem. I get home and she is already here,and on her cell talking to Melissa. So I go steal the phone and chat with her for a few minutes. So nice to talk to her. I got off with her and thought to myself " why don't I ever call her?" Oh yeah...I am a bad friend.

My sister, Susan and I used to email each other every day. I always knew I could expect an email from her. But once Harm started school...I stopped. Too busy. During the summer I was a little better. Now when she gets an email from me I am sure that she just about faints when she sees who it is from. I am a bad friend and sister.

My friend Beth. She lives right by Susan. Makes me jealous that 2 of my favorite people live so close to each other and I don't. I have email, free cell phone minutes, a phone card and do I call her? No.

My Mom. I seriously haven't talked to her in a few weeks. Is it because I am mad at her or something? Heck no, I don't think I have ever been mad at my Mom, I just am a bad daughter. I don't keep in contact with people well.

There are many more but I am sure blogger would shut down if I tried to name them all. Sometimes I think I talk to the cashiers at Target more than I do my friends and family. It's not right. I want to change. And I will try.

I guess I just hope my friends and family are forgiving. That they understand that my life is so busy and crazy sometimes it feels like I have to remind myself to breathe.

So to all those I offend...I'm sorry. I feel bad. I feel like a mean person. But I really am going to try! So be prepared for phones to ring and inbox's to be full. Well...I will try anyway!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I think you are being WAY too hard on yourself. We all know what a crazy life you have! You do the best you can...just like the rest of us. I just love that you have a blog, so I can always be up-to-date!