Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Thankful Thursday





Being a military wife is quite frankly, not all it is cracked up to be. I love it, but sometimes...it throws things at you that you are just unprepared for. On Saturday, we were out at a function and we were told that there was a possibility of Ben going back to Afghanistan. A lieutenant, had to come home because of a health reason, and someone had to fill his spot. Well we only have 2 LT.'s here. One of them being Ben.

This news put us in quite a funk. Neither of us slept very well. Monday, Ben went back to work and I just thought and thought about it. What if he did have to go away again? What would this mean for our family? It was a long day, and these thoughts were heavy on my mind.

We found out yesterday, that the replacement has been chosen. It is someone who isn't from here, a different wardroom.

So today, I am so thankful. Thankful for my husband. Who is willing to serve. Who wrestles with serving his country and serving his family. Who is my best friend and the love of my life. Thankful. So very thankful that I don't have to live with out him a little while longer.

No comments: