Tuesday, September 11, 2007

McCool open house











I realize that it has been awhile since I posted. I wish I could say that I was doing something REALLY exciting but...there really hasn't been much going on. After our whirlwind last week, ending with Harm's baptism, well life just kind of slowed.

Anyway, tonight we walked up to attend the open house at the kid's school. We went to Ethan's class first. He had some of his work in the hallway, and it was cute to see what he had written about his first day of school. We went into his class and heard shouts of "Ethan!". He is a very poplular kid! Another little girl, kept trying to pick Connor up! I guess they were all a little excited to see each other! Ethan's teacher told us that Ethan is a very sweet boy, a very hard worker and is just a really good boy. Always nice to hear!!

Next it was up to see Harmony's class room. Harmony had a whole checklist that her teacher had given her. It included introducing us to her teacher. We had a nice chat, and he said that he would be sending Harmony's paper work in for the gifted program. He is leaving for 9 days, he is the coach for the Guam Olympic team, and they are headed to China. But when he gets back he is going to get her reading level tested. He said that Harmony is a great girl who is very smart.
Connor had a peek in and a home visit, so they didn't open up his classroom tonight. They showed us the rest of the school and then it was time to head home.
Ethan decided to walk home by himself WITHOUT my permission. I swear that kid just kills me. We had told him that we were headed home BUT he decides to walk a little faster...until the next thing I know, he is gone. I see people we know, nope nobody has seen him. We are looking everywhere.I decided to take the 3 other kids home while Ben looked around the school. Finally, Ben decided to go see if he was home, and ran ahead of us.
And where was Ethan this whole time? While we were walking around frantic looking for our child? Wondering if our son has been kidnapped? At home, watching tv. Grounded. Ethan is now grounded. He is killin' me!!








No comments: