Wednesday, August 16, 2006

socks

Well, here I am once again, tooting my own horn. But I am VERY excited. I know, about socks. I am VERY excited about...socks. But these are not just socks. These are socks I EARNED! Yes, earned. At the Y, you can arrange a meeting with a personal trainer and then they get you programed on what is called FitQuest. You enter all of your cardio workouts & weight lifting and you recieve points for every one. Then, for every 15,000 workout points you earn a prize. Last night, as I was dripping sweat from my 2.5 mile run ( go me!) I plugged in my run and up pops " Congratulations you made it to the white level." I made it to the first prize. I earned a pair of socks with all of my workouts. I am so excited. I would take a picture to share but really they are just socks. And besides...Ben has my camera today.

Speaking of Ben, he had to go to Washington DC for business. So I had to break it to Connor that he was going to be gone over night. Ever since Ben has come home, Connor worries about wether or not he is coming home. Ben had told him at one point that unless he goes with me to drive him to the airport, he would be home every night. However, that backfired. They are driving. Anyway...Connor just said, " that's ok Mommy, 'cause I can go with him to Washington DC because I haven't been there for a long time." Unfortunatley, that couldn't happen. Ben is going to be staying at a very posh hotel while there. So thank you tax payers. They are also going to go to a Washington Nationals game. Me? I am going to babysit and then scrapbook night!

And last but certainly not least, my friend Barbara won a prize package on the radio. Part of it is 4 tickets to go see the premier of How to Eat Fried Worms this Sat. But...they are going to be out of town. So she is giving the tickets to us. Vale and Harmony were excited but Ethan said, " I don't want to see that movie it looks sooooo yucky. Eating worms? Gross!" I am going to take a friend of Harmony's instead. So that is my exciting post. No pictures...you just have to take it as is.

This morning I am headed back to the Y so I can start earning 15,000 more points so I can earn a towel. However, I am going to do it faster this time! :)

No comments: