Saturday, August 26, 2006

mean people suck

When Ben returned home, he had an idea to collect school supplies for the children in Afghanistan. So I talked to the RS pres. and she thought that this would be a great idea. I announced it to the RS one Sunday and had a lot of good response. Well there was one woman who told me she would give me a call because she has tons of stuff to donate. I told her great. She called this week and I was just not in the mood to talk to her. She is one of those types of people you have to be in the mood to talk too. We had a ward activity last night so I just figured I would talk to her about it there. When it was over, I went up to her and got totally yelled at. Just because I didn't return her call. She literally chewed me for a good 5 min. or so. Ben was helping put chairs away. I just told her I would get her address on Sun. and pick up the school supplies on Mon. Then I never plan on talking to her again. EVER. I held it together while at the church but I brought the kids out to the car and started crying. I was so mad. Ben got in the car and was like what is the matter? He didn't understand why I let someone like her get to me but...I don't get yelled at. I am ( for the most part) a pretty nice person. I get along well with almost everyone. It just made me mad because why treat people like that? She didn't have to do that. She did because she could. She was mean and nasty over a SERVICE project. Well excuse me but I was not raised to treat people like that. Grr...soo mad. Why treat people like crap for being imperfect? Anyway...it just totally hurt. I guess from now on I will return every phone call I get!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I'm sorry sweetie, I know you were upset and my kids were not being patient last night! Ben's right, don't let her get to you! You have to keep in mind who you are talking about ;( She is soooooooo NOT worth it! :)