Friday, August 18, 2006

Eternal friendships...

Ben and Ivan are outside in the yard. Ethan and Connor are playing in a tub full of bubbles. Vale and Harmony are playing some game in the living room. All is well. Everyone is content. Life is good.

I wish I was in Mesa though. So much for contentment huh? My wonderful, beautiful friend Beth is getting her endowments out tonight. Tomorrow she will be getting sealed to her hubby and 2 beautiful boys. I wish so much that I could be there with her. I mean, I could have had free room and board ( right Susan?) It just didn't happen. And I realized that I sent her card to the wrong address. I am so hoping it gets to you chica!

Beth and I met on our first day of classes at Ricks. There were 4 of us who all clicked and hung out during the summer. Me, Beth, Lisa and Afton. We had a total blast that summer. The fall & winter terms were just not the same as that first summer. Lisa and I kept in touch for awhile and then lost contact. She made an adorable dress for Harmony and I still have it. But, Beth and I? Seriously, we were meant to be friends!! We were there 9 years ago (has it been that long?!) and would have been on our Utah trip. We have kept in contact, sometimes in better contact than others but...never lost touch.

So many things have happened to us in those 9 years. Moves, jobs, kids, lean financial times and more. And yet our friendship has never wavered. When I went to AZ last Dec, we got together. It felt like no time had passed at all. We even have the exact same van! We just laughed and talked for I don't know how many hours.

So here is to eternal friendships. Beth, I am seriously so happy for you. I know there are people who read my blog that don't know Beth. But I also know, that they know how important it is to be sealed to your family. And even though they don't know you I am sure they are happy for you today. You guys made the right decision and I know that there were some hard times in there. At 8:30 my time you will be in my thoughts.

My congratulations to Travis, Beth, Austin and Collin. I so wish I could be there with you...

1 comment:

Beth said...

You are too sweet! You totally made me cry! We had a wonderful (and busy) couple of days. I love you so much and I am so grateful for your friendship and example!