Tuesday, August 15, 2006

prof. photographer needed...







My kids have been attending Larchmont preschool since the first Sept. that we lived here. Harmony, obviously was the first one to go. One of the boys in her class, has a brother that is Connor's age. So his Mom, Jen, and I are just some of the "veteran" Moms at the preschool. Last year, her husband returned from Kabul shortly before Ben left. They don't know each other, it just kind of happened that way. So she was a good person to get advice from. This story does have a point-I promise! So finally the long awaited day came when her husband was coming home. She brought her sons to the airport, and the youngest kept acting up while waiting for his Dad. She finally took him into one of the stores at the airport to find something to occupy him. while in there, she said " Don't worry, your Daddy will be here soon." Well someone overheard her and asked where he was. She told him and the man absolutely insisted on paying for her purchases. Then he said, "I am a reporter for the Virginia Pilot ( our newspaper) would you mind if I took some pictures for you?" ?She said sure. So he just kind of stayed in the background as she and her boys welcomed their Dad home. Well...a week later he sent her an envelope full of prof. pictures of their first moments together. Their first kiss, hugging his boys etc. etc. She said "those were pictures I never would have had because I was into the moment." And a light bulb went off for me. I just need a prof. photographer to follow me around. I take tons of pictures but I am not in 3/4 of them. I really do the things that our whole family does. I really am there. There are just so many moments that we miss that I would love to have on film. A picture of us all jumping waves last night, moments where we are cuddling, those little moments that I would love to have pictures of. So anyway, if anyone wants to follow my family around and just take pictures that would be great. There is no pay or anything. Just the joy you will get from helping me out. With that here are some pictures of FHE last night...

No comments: