Wednesday, August 30, 2006

predictable

I realized that I haven't blogged for a while. I don't really have anything profound to say. The kids haven't really said anything funny, and no mean people to speak of. Life goes on as it always does. Last night, Ben and I started reading some blogs/websites of some people that we know. Some of it was about drugs, escapades while drunk, sleeping around and other "wonderful" things. Now if you are reading this, you should know me well enough to know that well...I don't do any of those things. Never have. And it hit me last night, my life is boring. It's predictable. I wake up and go to sleep in the same bed every night. I wake up to the same man every morning. ( Unless deployed!) I wake up and go downstairs to see my babies. They know I am there every day for them. They do wake up earlier than I do sometimes, but they know I didn't leave them alone. I go to church on Sundays, and do my errands on Sat. after we clean house. My life doesn't change that much. And you know what? I am soooo GRATEFUL! I am glad my kids can count on me to be there and that my husband is home every night. I am glad that I have food in my fridge and laundry that needs to be done. That I belong to a church that I know is true. I am glad that I can count on my friends and family. Never wondering who my true "loved ones" are. I am just grateful for my life. Boring and predictable to some. But it works for me.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Amen to that! Here's to boring and predictable...