Friday, April 14, 2006

What a day!

Yesterday was a little crazy. Harmony's best friend, is our neighbor girl Jessie. Well Jessie is moving in June and so they are going to miss each others birthday parties. There birthdays are only 2 weeks apart actually. So I had the idea of taking the girls to the Build a Bear Workshop. Then as we were talking about it one day, Ethan starts singing the song and telling me exactly what you do at the workshop. I was shocked as I hadn't realized he actually knew what it was. I asked the girls if they cared if he went too. They said they didn't care so Ethan was pretty happy. However a couple days later, Connor started talking about it. Ugh! My idea to take just the girls had backfired just a tad.

Anyway, yesterday was the big day. We went out to the mall and they did their thing. It was cute watching them. They really got into the whole process. Harmony and Jessie picked matching cats that were pink and white, Ethan picked a brown teddy bear and Connor picked a white and brown dog. They each got to pick out a shirt for their bear but that was it. The accessories for those animals are almost as much as they are for kids!

I decided to take them up to the play place for a little bit. When we got up there what happened? It was closed for repairs. Dang. Headed to get some lunch and as we were leaving, we saw one of the boys friends from preschool, Alex. His Mom stopped me and they had a free coupon for 10 kids to ride on the carosuel and would the kids want to go on. So we all went on and I ended up getting on this "extra spinny thing". I was sick until I went to bed last night! I am getting old!

We got home and I watched my neighbors son while they went and did some errands. Harmony and Jessie were busy playing together too. Everyone was busy playing outside. Ethan by this time was getting really tired. Thus he started acting like it. I put him on a time out, thinking that he would probably fall asleep, which he did. However it was 4:30. As he was stomping up to his room he yelled, " you are the worstest mommy ever". Love kids.

I go back downstairs and where is Harmony? Connor is right in the front where he is supposed to be. I go outside and here is Harmony way past the light pole which is her boundary line. I yelled for her to come here. Usually we do not have a problem with her following this rule. So here she comes and as soon as she sees that I am mad...complete hysterics. Crying and blaming the neighbor boy for what she did. Ugh! She wouldn't listen or stop crying so I sent her to her bed. She is yelling, " You have ruined my whole day". I went up after a little bit and talked to her about choice and accountability. Although sometimes I think those lessons go in one ear and out the other.

By the time all of this stuff is over, it is about 5:30. We have a primary activity at 6:30. The kids open an Easter pkg from Grandma Harmon ( thank you!) and thank heaven there were clothes in there. They put their clean clothes on ate dinner and we were only 10 min late for the activity.

We get home at about 8 and as we are driving there is lightning. By the time the kids are in bed it is pouring and a huge storm hs broken. Ivan's crib is close to the window so he couldn't go to sleep. Ethan decided to have a sleep over with me. Ivan finally goes to sleep at 9, I stay up and chat with Ben until 11. I go to bed and a couple hours later what happens? Ethan is up throwing up. First all over the bed, then he runs and makes it to the bathroom. We get him and the bed cleaned up and try to go back to sleep. About an hour later here comes Connor, crying that his feet hurt. I was not happy by then so I told him to go back to sleep. He went and got in his bed. Two hours later Ethan is up throwing up again. At least this time he made it to the bathroom. Half an hour later here is Connor. I let him get in the bed but he kept crying and Ethan and Connor were taking up the whole bed. I was just like oh forget it. I went downstairs at 6 and fell asleep on the couch.

7:00- Mom? Whats for breakfast? It begins again....

2 comments:

Cindy said...

It's not boring! I love hearing about your life/kids! You know that. I'm so glad that you told me about your blog! The lightening last night was wild wasn't it?????

Cindy said...

I've gone back and read some more of yours. It's good and it's funny too.