Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Boys! Ugh...

My boys have decided that today is the day that I am going to go crazy. They are all 3 testing me. Connor doesn't have preschool on Tues & Thurs. So he and Ivan and I all went out to the Y. While on the 15 min drive he did not stop for a second. He asked me question after question after question. Drove me nuts! I asked him why he asks so many questions and he looks at me with those big blue eyes and replies" because I am 4." I just looked at him and said, "yeah I think that is the perfect answer." The questions didn't stop but he was cute. My friends husband just came and was mowing the lawn for me. So Connor was out "keeping him company". Connor comes in, and for those who have never been to our house, we have a storage unit in the backyard which Ben keeps all of his building stuff in, and asked me if he could get something out of "Daddy's building house". I looked at him and asked what he wanted. " Just a wheel". Me- " A wheel?" C- "yeah Daddy told me I could have it last week" me-"nice try Connor. We didn't get to talk to Daddy last week." C-"aw phooey".

I'll admit-this one was my own fault. I had set a glass of crystal ligh, red of course, onto the computer desk. Now, that is a no-no at our house. " No food and drinks at the computer" is the rule. Well not only did I break the rule, but I left it unattended. Ivan reached up and grabbed it spilling it everywhere. He did it, looked at me and crawled off. The big boys come in and see what happened and they said, " uh-oh Ivan you are in big trouble" They were also very quick to tell me..."we didn't do it."

And yet there is still more. One more boy. I offered him to my friend, who only has girls but he wouldn't take him. Ethan and I have been butting heads all morning. He and Harmony could not keep their hands off of each other on the way to school. So I said ok that's enough, neither of you will be watching tv or playing computer today. Although we all know who that actually punishes, don't we? I figured that I would get off somewhat easy because they have soccer tonight at 5, and the weather is nice so they could play outside. But oh no. Ethan screamed and cried when I said no to his many, many requests to play pbs kids. Finally he looked at me and said, " that is it Mommy. I am going to go run away and live with Heavenly Father and the Holy Ghost." Can I come too?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I hopped on over from Cindy's blog. It's funny how as a mom, our everyday lives make great posts on our blogs! I look forward to reading more :-)

Cindy said...

At least you know you're teaching them where they really want to be, huh! I love your kids! I'm so glad my house is not the only crazy one!