Sunday, December 16, 2007

It's a wonderful life










Last night, was the end of a very looong, and busy week. So much going on. Every single night at least one family member was gone. And it was hard on all of us. So last night, the kids were all in bed, Ben and Ivan were crashed out on the couch, and I started watching It's a Wonderful Life.

I just love that movie. It really is one of my favorites. Not just at Christmas time! And as I watched it I thought, " I really do have a wonderful life". We had a week filled with friends, fun, laughter, new skills, and just good things.

So Thursday night, I went to an ornament exchange with my spouse club.It is such a fun group of ladies. Just really cool. Sometimes,I think wives in a wardroom kind of are "forced" to be friends,because our husbands work together. But I don't feel that way about these women.Actually,I have been totally lucky because in Norfolk they were all awesome too. Anyway...it was a good time.

Friday night, we attended a Hail and Farwell. My friend's daughter watched Ivan, so we just had the older kids. We had a good time and the weather was fabulous! A nice tropical breeze blowing.

Saturday was way busy. I got my Christmas gift, a freezer, nad then the kids and I went to pick up doughnuts. Ben was at a car wash and so we took them down there. Got our car washed and came home. Then we came home and later I took Harmony to get new glasses and then onto a cooking class.

We went to the Hilton, which Harmony decided that the next time that we stay at a hotel, we should stay there. Anyway,there were a couple of troops who were there. They made gingerbread cookies. Chef Robert, had the girls seperate the eggs. Harmony really struggled with this! She started to get frustrated and I told her, that it isn't an easy skill, and she just looked at me and said, " Mom, it's not that. It is just totally disgusting!" She had a good time and her house turned out cute. Unfortunatley, it didn't stay up long enough to even get it in the box.

As soon as we were done, we high tailed it home so that we could go to our branch Christmas party. Ivan had not taken a nap and I knew he was going to be a pill! He ran around for awhile but was willing to sit down once they put the food out. We had a short program and then...a special visitor came. The kids all got in line to meet Santa. Even Ivan. I thinkhe only did it for the candy cane but whatever. The kids had fun and were sound asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow.

Now we are onto another busy week. Ben has a nice relaxed schedule for next week so I am excited. But there is my nice long novel of our week!

No comments: