Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hoopla

My friend Cindy tagged me, 12 random things about Christmas...

1** I collect Nativity scenes. I try to buy a new one every year. I love watching the kids when we get them out and display them. I think they like to look at them also!

2** I don't like to have too many Santa's in my house. Although Cindy brought up a very good point about him,I just don't like to focus on him. I don't want people to come to my house and think that is what we are celebrating.

3** So instead I buy snowmen! I love little Snowmen. I have actually bought 3 this year. They are just cute.

4**The kid's use a "special plate" to put out their cookies for Santa. A snowflake plate from the dollar store!!

5** I make a ton of lists at Christmas. And yet I still forget something/someone.

6** Now,I don't know how true this is, but Ben told me that in his family they didn't have too many Christmas traditions, so he is totally fine about following my families traditions. I love that I can watch my kids have fun with the same things that I always enjoyed.

7**For some reason, this Christmas just seems a little more lonely and depressing then any other I have had. Even the year that Ben deployed the next day!

8** I love Christmas carols. My friend Beth, had posted about the new Josh Groban cd. LOVE it. Absolutely love it. My favorite carol has always been Oh Come All Ye Faithful, and I love the way he sings it.

9** I also love Christmas movies. I think everyone knows my favorite but I love all of them. The kids and I have watched a lot so far this year. Like a Garfield Christmas, the Flinstones Christmas, Polar Express( the kids keep going around singing,"we like it hot,hot,hot") and so many more. Tomorrow it will be Connor's request...Home Alone.

10)My favorite Christmas book is How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I also like the movie, but not the Jim Carrey one.I think that one is awful. Another book the kids really like is "Arthur's Perfect Christmas".

11)This year I am really thinking about all the soldiers who are away from home. About the kids who are missing their Moms/Dads. My heart goes out to all and I am keeping them in my prayers.

**12 Sometimes I get way to caught up in having the "perfect Christmas" that I forget to enjoy the little things.

And there you have it. Now for the rules...

1. List 12 random things about yourself that has to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible.
5. If you want to -- please give me, Andrea, some link-love as the 'Hoopla-Creator'. I love new blog-traffic.

I am tagging Susan, Mom, Beth, Christy and Tiffany ( that is what happens when you start a blog dear! You get tagged!)

No comments: