Sunday, December 17, 2006

Christmas tag

Ok here is another one. Christmas style! This is a fun one people! Gets you thinkin' about memories which hmmm yeah totally one of my favorite things! So everybody has to answer!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I love both! My Mom's eggnog (non alcoholic people)and a cup of hot choc. with cool whip and a mint candy cane to stir it

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? depends on how hard the gift is too wrap and if I bought enough paper

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. We do pretty well on our own!

5. When do you put up your decorations? the day after Thanksgiving...if Ben is home.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? hmmm I am not sure. I don't think I really have one!
.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Okay, I have two. One was the year that we had the scavenger hunt, and it snowed the night before. We were running around everywhere and then it led us to the Christmas tree where we got $50! The other is we used to always go Christmas caroling with the missionaries and hand out goodies to the people they were teaching. Then coming home and opening stockings.

8. When and how did you learn that Santa isn't real? I don't remember actually. I just remember the first Christmas that I was supposed to read stories to Tobin and DeAnne so that the adults could get presents wrapped.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Much to Eric's dismay, we open our stockings on Christmas Eve. It was always so fun for our family, and although I am sure he is not telling the whole truth, Ben said he didn't really have any traditions, so we took on one of the Kennedy traditions.
.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Usually from the middle and go to the top. Keeping ornaments away from small children. Maybe someday we will have matching ornaments surrounding the whole thing. But for now, mismatched ornaments. Ones that the kids made.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? love it and totally miss having a white Christmas. I miss it.

12. Can you ice skate? uhm yeah that is a big fat NO

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Idon't know. Favorites kind of change with the years.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? watching my kid's faces light up and teaching them the real meaning of Christmas. The birth of our Savior.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? fudge. Love fudge. I made it for myself one time and it totally got ruined. I haven't tried again! :(

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? staying up late with Ben on Christmas Eve, wrapping presents after the kids go to bed, when they open their stockings we have a movie in there. We all get blankets and pillows and sit and watch one. Then reading How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Tom told me all about the scavenger hunt with the 50 dollars at the end. I think that one of his memories of it was that one person's 50 dollars went missing, and wasn't to be found that day...if at all!!
Our new holiday tradition, which was started last year, is that we go out to Chinese food on Christmas Day. I guess its very much like that movie with little Ralphie. Is it called A Christmas Story?

Your favorite sister said...

really? I totally don't remember that part. you know what we do? although we can't this year because it is on sunday, is having a pizza delivered and root beer floats! But yeah the movie is called a Christmas story!