Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Is that a challenge?


I was reading a blog ( I read waaaay to many) and there was a challenge issued. To not eat out for 30 days. The logic behind it? 1) See how much money you save by not eating out and 2)to see how much healthier you feel.

So I decided to do it. The whole month of April. So yesterday (April 1st for us) was great! We made it the whole day. :) However, I forgot about something...

Ivan has afternoon pre-k on Thursdays. So when our schedules don't conflict, Ben and I meet at the NEX for lunch. It is just a way to have a "date" without getting a babysitter. I love going out on dates with Ben and with spring break next week...that won't be happening! So what is a girl to do?

I am going on a date with my husband, are you kidding me?! At first I told him no, but what is more important? Me saving the money that I will spend on lunch, or being with my husband on one of the busiest days of our week? He even has a b-ball game tonight right after the boys practice.

So I will continue on with the challenge, but not at lunch. Not today. Ben is more important! :)

No comments: