Tuesday, April 21, 2009

sleep deprived


(This picture has nothing to do with this post. I just don't like to have too many picture-less entries)

3 nights ago, I barely fell asleep around midnight. This was not due to a lack of trying. Just couldn't get comfortable. Ben nudged me at 6:30 (this is when I go get the kids up) and he said I just snored on. I woke up at 7 and was shocked at "how long I had slept in". It put me behind for the rest of the day. *Sigh*

2 nights ago, I spent from 12-2 throwing up. I am still not sure why. I felt completely fine afterwards. However sleeping from 2-6:30 is not a lot of sleep. I was GRUMPY. Harmony decided to make her own lunch, and I got upset because I felt like she wasn't grateful for the lunch I made her. Hello? A little tired are we?

Yesterday, I was sooo tired. There was nothing I could do about it. I just slept walked my way through the day. Seriously. Finally by 1:30 I put Ivan in front of his V-Smile. I went and laid on my bed and slept until after 3!! I only woke up when the kids got home from school. But I was still tired. I just kind of laid around all day. Dropped the boys off with Ben, and let him know to pick up McD's for dinner on the way home. I am awful I know!!

While they were gone, Harmony and Ivan and I, all ate dinner (also McD's) and than laid on my bed and watched a movie. After watching Finding Nemo a million times, Harmony put in a "girl movie". So we watched Polly World. The boys came home and had dinner and baths (did I mention I still hadn't gotten out of bed?) Then I sent all the kids off to bed. Ivan and I watched Veggie Tales( uhm I was just trying to get sleep) when Ben came home. He sent Ivan to bed. After Bones, I rolled over and fell asleep. I slept until 6:30 this morning.

Because of the whole "lying around all day and not doing anything" I am a little behind today. But my friend just called and I am not babysitting today. Wahoo, no babysitting and no scouts. I feel free, light and most importantly AWAKE. Time to get my house back in order.

Like I said, there really isn't much going on that is blog worthy. Just in case you didn't believe me!

4 comments:

Mary said...

That post made me sleepy just reading it! Maybe you are anemic and low on iron and need a good steak to perk you up! I hope you feel more like yourself soon!

The Anglesey Family said...

I love the picture you had posted....You're quite the photographer!

Mark and Tammy said...

I know sometimes you don't want to blog because you don't have a picture to go with it-I do the same so I am glad you blogged anyways.Next time could you take a picture at 2 am when you are puking or when you are laying around on the couch (haha). Some days you just can't get over the sleep deprivation-especially when you are pregnant. I have even had to bump some iron into my daily diet and still haven't felt the effects yet. come 1pm I feel like I cant lift my eyelids.GET SOME SLEEP (more that is)

becky said...

I am glad that you finally took a day to recover. It is so hard being busy and pregnant on top of it. With this last pregnancy I would have random nights that I would throw up. nothing seemed wrong. It wasn't even like real morning sickness. It was mostly annoying. Hopefully this is a fluke thinkg.