Friday, February 01, 2008

science geek





Last night I was with a group of women from church. And as mothers do, we started talking about our children,nad some of the experiences that we were dealing with. And as I thought about what some people were going through, it hit me that the one thing we all had in common was that we just want the best for our children. Unfortunatley, we don't always know what the perfect thing is.

Harmony is a science geek. She LOVES everything and anything having to do with science. From astronomy, to animals, to volcano's and everything else in between. She loves it all. Her teacher was telling me the way that she thinks and tests things out is amazing. She has a real aptitude for it.

I want so badly for Harmony to reach her full potential. To just give her opportunities to helpher grow. To just water that little seed of curiosity that she has. But how do I go about doing that? She has so many things going on in her life with Girl Scouts, school, Achievement Days and we are talking about putting her back in swim lessons. I am thinking about looking into some home school science courses for her....other than that I don't know what else to do.

Today she recieved her Christmas gift from Grandma T. ( You have to love Guam and their prompt shipping) and her little eyes just went wide with excitement. A science lab. " Mom it is even from the Smithsonian!!" She has been busy with it all afternoon. I think she was most excited about the microscope. I thought these pictures turned out cute!

No comments: