Sunday, February 03, 2008

patience is a virtue...




...that 3 year old boys just don't have. ( Most adults don't have either so...) We had decided to celebrate Ivan's birthday around three, when the kids got home from school. Ben has the day off today, for Super Bowl Monday ( yep it's Monday over here). I decided to give Ivan one gift though, so that he would have something new to play with during the day. Unfortunatley, he saw the big birthday bag. He stared longlingly at it and then waited for me to leave the room. I went upstairs to gather laundry and came down to find him digging into his gifts. The big gift he left in the bag but...

I have to go and pick up his cake later. I wasn't going to get him one, just make cupcakes or something. But then, he started talking about having a Buzz birthday cake. I don't know how/wh en he realized he could get a cake with Buzz on it but...I took him to the commissary to order it but he changed his mind when he saw the Thomas cake. He cried and cried when he realized he couldn't take the cake home with him yet!


A funny story about the bag that Ivan is trying to dig into....I have always been one to keep bags. Always. Just saves me having to wrap later! Well this bag ( does it look familiar Mom?)has been at our house since Ethan's 1st birthday! Mom had gone shopping for his birthday and just put all the gifts in that bag. Well, we started using it the same way. Ecspecially when the kids were still small and couldn't get wrapping paper open. And we still use it today. How much longer do you think that bag will last?

No comments: